Sunday, November 7, 2010

Indoor Bmx

Weird. I post a clip of a bmx track and next thing I know.... Saturday I just finished watching my Ducks destroy the Huskies after a somewhat scary sloppy start to the game. I was in a good mood trying to figure out what chore I wanted to do after being lazy watching football when I got a text from my brother Eric. He was in town at my Mom's house and he my son Marcus, who was there visiting also, had gone riding. Mom's is right next to the Fairgrounds so they went to see what was up with the indoor bmx track. After trying a few doors they found one open and the track was built up and pretty dialed in. They ended up talking to the track Director and found out it was the opening day. Next thing you know Mac's got a membership and is signed up to race. Boom. Text message from him read: Got Mac a membership and he is going to race at 4:30. Well, chores were quickly neglected and I headed in to watch him race. I raced for a few years in my day but haven't been to the track in quite some time, at least not during a race. Saturday at the track was a real nostalgic moment, there was even a 20 inch class in my age group. The track looked pretty good and got me thinking about maybe racing a bit this winter to stay on the bike more. Marcus did pretty good, and looked smooth even on an 18" that he is quickly outgrowing, a fact made even more obvious on the track. He finished second racing intermediates, not bad. Any other old guys want to come keep it old school and race me on platforms in jeans, long sleeve t-shirt, rocking a pro-tech? Here is a clip of Mac jumping the "dirt jump". This is the biggest double he's cleared to date. Next spring he better man up and hit the trails he could obviously take to it.

2 comments: